Work & Fee Structures
My consulting philosophy is that it is better for a client to reach their own conclusions about legal market strategy and management, guided by my experience and recommendations.
Clients recognize that I am passionate about my work, and derive satisfaction from helping them achieve profitable and measurable results.
Clients include premier law firms and legal service companies.
I am engaged by Managing Partners, Founding Partners, Chief Marketing Officers, Chief Client Officers, Practice/Industry Leaders, and Senior Partners at law firms; and Chief Executive Officers and Founders of legal service companies.
I don’t do “filler” work. Neither do I pitch. As a consummate professional, I invest in mutually selective and respectful relationships that matter to a client and myself. I have written and presented extensively on this approach, counsel clients accordingly, and follow my own advice.
Because it works. Over 90 per cent of my engagements are with repeat clients, or referrals from clients and contacts.
Collaborating with clients, I help to:
- Spark progressive thinking to generate unique strategic objectives and creative ideas.
- Provide tightly customized market strategies, development paths, and tailored tactics.
- Explore pros, cons, risks, and costs of our options.
- Suggest various forms of information collection, analysis, and collaboration.
- Decide on a sensible, customized and sustainable course of action.
- Develop and execute the work plan to achieve measurable outcomes that deliver value.
Fees are based on value of the outcomes I provide backed by my brand, experience and intellectual property. I provide a range of fee structures and pricing options, including:
- Value-based fees: Fixed, retainer, and project-based arrangements are preferred.
- Hourly rates and per diems may be tolerated.
- A blend of value-based and hourly fees may be considered depending on scope of work.
- Cursory consultations of 15-minutes are complimentary.
- In-depth consultations of one hour or more are secured by payment in advance.
Confidentiality for clients, prospective clients, and non-clients is of paramount importance with all business kept strictly confidential before, during and after an engagement.