My consulting philosophy is that it is better for a client to reach their own conclusions about legal marketing and business development objectives, guided by my experience and input.
Clients recognize that I am passionate about my work, and derive satisfaction from helping them achieve profitable and measurable legal marketing and business development results.
My clients range from global law firms to law companies and solo lawyers, and I enjoy their unique traits, challenges, and perspectives. As a result, I don’t do “filler” work since time is best spent connecting with like minds, and developing meaningful relationships that matter to a client and myself.
I’ve written and presented extensively on this topic, counsel clients accordingly, and follow my own advice. It works; over 70 per cent of my engagements are with repeat clients or are referrals from current clients.
Working alongside clients in teamwork fashion, I help to:
- Spark progressive thinking to generate new and creative ideas.
- Provide tightly customized marketing and business development tactics unique to each client.
- Explore pros, cons, risks, and costs of our options.
- Suggest various forms of information collection and analysis.
- Decide on a sensible, customized and sustainable course of action.
- Develop and execute the work plan to achieve measurable results.
Clients say I deliver caring and excellent service, and make a meaningful and valuable contribution to their success.
I strive to foster an open and enjoyable relationship with my clients. In return, I ask for prompt notice if changes are required in scope or if there are concerns or questions regarding my services as this provides an opportunity to clarify objectives.
- Flexible fee structures: hourly rates, retainers, project-based arrangements, etc.
- Project reports with observations and recommendations offered when appropriate on areas outside of scope.
- Client confidentiality: client business is kept strictly confidential before, during and after an engagement.
Law firms, law companies, and individual lawyers have historically represented 100% of my professional consulting time.
While I am based in Toronto, my clients are located throughout Canada and around the world.
To learn more, please contact me