All relationships, whether business or personal, need to be nurtured to grow.
Training and coaching helps to nurture current client relationships and increase opportunities within a prospective client pool.
Training and coaching is undertaken only in select circumstances and as limited engagements with mid-career and senior lawyers or teams making a strategic transition to new markets, services or practices.
Training may include:
- Developing or recasting a personal brand.
- Creating a manageable short-list of attainable prospective clients.
- Identifying marketing activities specific to new client targets.
- Business development goal-setting that is achievable.
- Developing a client team program.
Coaching is usually structured around business development leadership skills, a select market, service or practice, key clients, transitioning clients, and succession planning.
It is conducted as a secure and private conversation to explore issues, probe concerns, determine key revenue streams, clarify strengths, identify next steps, and develop constructive plans leading to targeted leadership or personal goals.